By Fred D. Fischer, President
Today, just about everyone and anyone claims to be a “Professional Investment Manager.” The list includes attorneys, accountants, actuaries, wealth managers, financial planners, and bank trust departments. Why are the aforementioned not considered “Professional Investment Managers?” Based on my 30+ years of experience and knowledge as an expert witness, they do not meet the following criteria:
1. A professional investment manager does not sell products or earn commissions.
2. A professional investment manager is a specialist.
3. A professional investment manager provides for the continuous monitoring and management of all investable accounts.
4. The investment management firm is GIPS compliant and verified by an independent auditor.
5. The investment management firm maintains lifetime historical performance records by risk category for all the accounts they have managed.
To learn more, call our office today at 1-888-886-1902.